How to install iptables on your rooted device
(take from here: )
- Download and install Android WiFi Tether form http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/ or search for Wireless Tether for Root Users in Android Market.
- Run the Wireless Tether once.
- Download and install a Terminal Emulator.
- Run the Terminal Emulator.
- Log in as superuser by typing the following command: $ su
- Remount system as rw (read-write enabled) with the following command:
- mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
- Tip: It’s also possible to use Droid Root Helper app to achieve the above task.
- Copy the iptables installed by Wireless Tether to the /system/bin executables directory with following command:
- cp /data/data/android.tether/bin/iptables /system/bin
- Run Orbot again with the transparent proxying enabled. Run the “check” menu option, and you will see if the iptables solution has worked.
HTTP Proxy Settings App
- In the Android Market, search for “HTTP Proxy Settings” app, and install it.
- Run the “Proxy Settings” app from your app drawer.
- Set the hostname to “127.0.0.1” and the port to “8118“.
- Run Orbot, connect to the Tor network, then run the “Check” menu option.