If you’re Android user and by any chance using Sony Xperia phone and feeling down after reading my last post of Box giving away FREE 50GB Cloud Storage for iOS, you might be ecstatic to hear that Box also extending their partnership offer with Sony giving away the same 50GB FREE cloud storage space to Sony Xperia users throughout 2014 up to December 31st. Continuing their offers from last year, they seems to be extending the offer without making any fuss over it. Apparently Xperia users who log in their Box account through Box app will get awarded 50GB FREE cloud storage. You can find the details in the Xperia Lounge app on your device.
Sony Xperia 50GB Promotion FAQs
What are the offer details?
- Any new Box user will receive a 50GB FREE cloud storage account when they download and log into Box for Android on any Sony Xperia Android smartphone worldwide. Existing Box users will receive the upgrade when they log into Box for Android on their device. You can find the details in the Xperia Lounge app on your device.
- The offer is valid from now through 31st December 2014.
What devices qualify for the 50GB upgrade?
- All Sony Xperia smartphones running Android OS 2.1 and later.
How do I get my 50GB?
- If you’re brand new to Box, you’ll need to download the app from your Xperia Android device. Open the app once the download is complete, and sign up for a free Box account. After the sign up is complete, log into your account from the device. Your upgrade should be complete and you’ll see a confirmation message.
- If you already have a version of the Box app on your Android device, you just need to sign into your account on your device and the upgrade should be complete. Note that this promotion is only for free Box Personal accounts; if you are a Box Business, Enterprise or paid Personal customer you do not qualify for this promotion.
So how long will I get the 50GB? Will my account ever be downgraded to 5GB?
- Once you get your 50GB FREE cloud storage Box account, you’ll never be downgraded. The limited part of this promotion is that you only have until December 31, 2014 to get the upgrade; once you have it, the space is yours for the life of the account.
Should I deactivate my Box account and activate a new one to get the 50GB?
- No, you don’t need to deactivate and activate a new account. Just log into your account from the device.
What if I already deactivated my account?
- If you have deactivated your account, it will need to be turned on again by our support team. Contact support at support.box.com.
What should I do if I accidentally registered with the wrong email address?
- If you accidentally signed up with a ‘bad’ email address – one you don’t have access to – you’ll have to sign up for a new account using the correct address.
- If you used an email address that you have access to, but would prefer a different address, you can make the switch easily in your account settings on the Box site.
What if I already have a paid Box Personal account? Can I get the 50GB upgrade?
- If you already have a paid Box Personal account, you can choose to downgrade your account in order to get the 50GB of storage. Please note that you will lose some of the added features from the paid account, including a 1GB upload limit, folder downloads, password-protected links, version history, etc. In order to downgrade to the free account, please contact support at 1-877-729-4269.
If I already have a 50GB account from another promotion, do I get 50GB more of storage?
- We’re excited you’ve already taken advantage of one of our other promotions, but unfortunately the 50GB upgrade is one time only.
I got the 50GB upgrade, but does that mean I only have the extra space for my Android phone or tablet?
- Now that you have a 50GB FREE cloud storage Box account, you have access to that space from anywhere, on any device. It is not limited to your Xperia Android device – access your 50GB of content from anywhere you use Box.
Where can I get more information?