As a mobile gamer, I often find myself playing games on my Galaxy Note II. The phone is great and perfectly awesome in gaming but due to the nature of on-screen touch control, sometimes your thumbs slides the screen like crazy but the control doesn’t pick it up fast enough. I was wondering if I should buy those cheap china made directional rubber control that sticks on your phone’s screen but against that idea as it looks ugly.
So I went on searching and finally found a solution, a perfect one if I may add albeit probably the last person to stumble on this cool innovation. The solution I meant is a device called PhoneJoy Play which is currently having its fundraising through Kickstarter and I was really glad that I managed to be one of this project backer.
So, what is PhoneJoy? It’s a wireless controller for smartphone, an innovation created by PhoneJoy Solutions America, Inc. based on Central Hong Kong. The idea of creating this device came after doing some research the developers found that there are a lot of drawbacks in playing games with touch control, among are:
- take up screen real estate
- lack of proper physical feedback
- are often not very well optimized for tablet sizes
- sometimes fail to register button presses
- many games position touch buttons at different, often unfamiliar locations
- only allow for two thumbs to be used simultaneously
- precision and reaction speed not up to par with game controls
- can easily lead to sore thumbs after prolonged games sessions (we have been there!)
So, PhoneJoy Play eliminate this drawbacks by designing a wireless controller for smartphone that make use of Bluetooth to connect to your devices and still practical to be used anywhere. This controller supports both Apple’s iOS and Android devices and other makes too!. You can dock your device in the controller and play it like you’re using normal handheld console such as PSP or you can use it as a remote wireless controller, your choice!
- Closed mode: 102 mm (w) * 87mm (h) * 37 mm (d)
- Fully extended: 255 mm (w) * 87 mm (h) * 37 mm (d)
- Weight: about 250g
- Docks to smartphones of all sizes up to 153mm width and 14mm thickness
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Wireless range of up to 30 ft
- Battery power of more than 20 hours
- 14 programmable buttons
- 2 pressure sensitive analog sticks
- 3 LED indicators.
- Supports iOS, Android, Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
- Four modes: HID Gamepad, HID Keyboard, iCade, Mouse Emulation
- Supported by more than 300 games on Android & iOS